Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Photo Trade contribution

I was reading through all of your comments the other day and noted someone wanted to see what I sent to Lauren for the Photo Trade, I wish i had of taken a happy snap before I bundled it off and sent it packing to good old America, alas i did not.

I did however keep the scan on file, if you raise your little eyes up a tad you'll see it at the top of this post. It was taken at Cunningham Pier in Geelong, Victoria on the hottest of hot summer days in 2008, right before I jumped on a light sea plane for a little adventure or two....

Ive had a small fascination and a bit of a a soft spot for piers ever since I read 5 people you meet in heaven.... Have you read it? No! Well you should... Don't let the title deceive you, it is in no way religious.... Its just a beautiful little story about a man named Eddie who works at a place called Ruby Pier. I wont sugar coat it for you, Eddie dies in the first few pages, but what follows is a story of beauty and if by the end of it you don't love piers (and Eddie) as much as I do, then I don't know what to tell you my friend...

I guess it helps I have a niece called Ruby, I bought a copy for her the day she was born and plan to read it to her one day and of course I included a copy in Lauren's trade package... Its funny apart from the front cover there wasn't a picture to be seen in that whole book yet it has inspired me to take many a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment