Monday, April 20, 2009

For the love of the Music...

Being decidedly  hung over yesterday the boyfriend and I caught a lazy Sunday arvo movie. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a huge fan of English comedies but with a line up including two of my all time faves, Bill Nighy and Phillip Seymour Hoffman, I knew The Boat That Rocked would be good for a few laughs at the very least....

I walked out, almost embarrassed I had such low expectations. Not only was this movie funny, it was funny with all kinds of heart, I don't mean to gush but its been a long time since a movie good and proper flawed me like that. 

There's several plot lines running through this movie, not to mention some awesome super 8 footage and I could probably write for hours about the hilarity of it all... But essentially its all about the music people -fucking large massive huge amounts of love, hope and dedication - this is one movie not to be missed. 

Oh and the first time someone says Fuck on the radio scene is particulary golden - for a sneak peak click here and go to videos


2 comments:

  1. Zag, Al and I saw this last night too! Was fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lies! Bobo tells lies!

    It was supa-fantastic! Teehee!

    ReplyDelete