Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Expired Film - Don't believe the rumors

There is much debate about expiry dates... I for one perceive them only as a cautionary hint unless of course its on a carton of milk and the date has in fact passed.

Many people stray away from expired film, thinking there is no possible way you can get off a good shot, well I'm hear to tell you I've shot a roll of Kodak Slide film dated Aug 1964 I found in the back of my Nonna's wardrobe one day and the shots came out fine... better one might say as they had a vintage effect some people spend hours trying to achieve in Photoshop. Does the same rule apply for Polaroid film I hear you wonder? Just ask travel Photographer Dan Eckstein who took these photos at his Grandma's condo complex in Nth Miami Beach, Florida.

If you take one thing away from this story, then make it two. Expired film rules and Grandma's are a great source for old film and new inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment