Monday, June 22, 2009

The Grass is Greener

Man i know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but people like this really make me happy! I'm forever going on about how they just don't make things like they used to and constantly saddened that vinyl records have been replaced with mp3's, Polaroids with digital cameras and the ABC with foxtel digital.

It bums me out good and proper that the chances of anyone born after 1990 picking up a film camera are slim to none. I was born in 1982 and will be able to tell my kids that i remember a time before mobile phones and the Internet, back when your bank statements would come in the mail, and when you've got mail actually meant there was a tangible envelope sitting in the mailbox in your very own front yard. Sure I understand the progression isn't all bad, seeing as it takes litres of water to make just 1 A4 sheet of paper I can only imagine how many acres of tree's and gallons of water have been spared since the advent of "netbanking" but come on people... does the arts really have to suffer too?

The dudes at Grass is Greener think not and they have pulled together a tidy little family of like minded souls who just generally froth on getting back to basics, the grass roots of the creative industry where surf boards are shaped by hand and photos are exposed to film! You can visit there blog here, trust me its worth the read!

No comments:

Post a Comment