Friday, September 4, 2009

The One Last Shot Project

I just stumbled across this Polaroid above of Jennifer Aniston whilst roaming the Internet looking for inspiration for tonight's post... with a bit of research I found out it was taken by American photographer Henny Garfunkel for a project called "The One Last Shot Project"

In 2000, (celebrity) photographer Henny began taking Polaroids of her famous subjects at film festivals around the world. Since then, Garfunkel has collected signed snaps of some of Hollywood's biggest stars including some pretty random shots of Johnny Depp!

"I shot Jennifer and Catherine at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival, where they were promoting Friends With Money," says Garfunkel. "Since photo shoots are usually very controlled, I started taking these Polaroids as a way for my subjects to have a little fun."

Now I work in magazines, and Art directing photo shoots is a large part of my job, as is buying in shoots of celebrity after celebrity with perfect hair and make up who are retouched to to with in a inch of their lives... so it's just so nice to see photos that are so far removed from this preconceived image of perfection... They are raw and cool and in the moment and I just thought I'd share them with you all this evening!

You can check out more here. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment