Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Youth... or something like that

So in the spirit of posting my own photos more often i thought I'd throw these into the mix... they are not anything special, not technically anyway but they remind me of how life should be, or is or was... You know when you see a photo from the 60s or 70s that just epitomises what you think life would of been like back then.... You take one look at a photo and its just this perfect little snap shot from a moment in time that you never lived or experienced but thanks to this image you get it. You garner a sense of what life was like back then, you understand and you smile...

For me that's what these images will be like for my kids or grand kids... they'll be wanting to know what life was like way back in the early 2000's and I'll pull out these Polaroids and they'll see that life was fun and simple... yes technology has made us all lazy and life will never be a 1950s coca cola commercial again but people still loved, laughed with their friends, drank beer and rode bikes in the afternoon sunshine. Life in the early 2000's was good... and its only going to get better - If we can pull ourselves away from facebook, blogs, email and 16 hour work days long enough to stop and smell the daisys that is!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you mentioned life will never be like a 1950s coca cola commercial again because when I saw these photos I thought they looked like a great old summer coca cola campaign or something similar. I love my parents old photos and I think your kids and grand kids will definately appreciate how happy and fun life looks way back when =)

    ReplyDelete