Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Some Polaroids...

Its been so long since I shot a pack of Polaroid anything... Hell its been agaes since I picked up a Instant camera - Sad I know, as it was the whole inspiration behind this very blog almost 2 years ago now.

I went to Asia last year and before I left Polaroid film was about $75 bucks for a triple pack (that's 30 shots) when I got home at the start of this year it had sky rocketed to $40 for a single pack of 10... needless to say I shoot more 35mm now than I do pack 600..... and it used to be exclusively the other way around!

Even though the Impossible Project have done us proud and bought Polaroid film back from the dead its still a little too pricey for this kid at the moment... I'll just have to settle for reminiscing over the shots i took in Asia... you know back when life wad goo and Polaroid was cheap :)

1 comment:

  1. Heheh yes I know what you mean. I do have a nice little stockpile of film so I'm set for a little while, and I never pay more than $3 NZ per shot. But it sucks knowing how precious the stuff I have is, like type 80, 669 and Time Zero--once it's gone, that's it! I tried some PX100, and while it's pretty neat, Polaroid as we know it will never be the same again.

    I find that I'd rather shoot some instant film and have it right there than wait for proper 35mm or 120 film to come back with prints. It really makes you think about each and every shot. Besides, shooting regular film doesn't really work out to be too much cheaper (at least here in NZ) once you've figured in developing and transport costs!

    You could always develop on your own, I guess. Maybe I'll take some classes to learn how to develop b&w... save some moolah. (So I can buy more Pola film.)

    ReplyDelete